The force synchronization functionality is used during unsuccessful synchronizations to help you force the application to sync your data and merge all data together from your app to the website and vice versa.
If you are having issues synchronizing logs from the website to app or app to website, a force synchronization will be used to force the application to push back all the data from one platform to the other, thus resolving any issues that you are experiencing. This is best used when changes are made so that changes can be applied thoroughly from one device to the other.
To access the force sync functionality, you may go to Settings.
- Look for the Profile/App tab.
- Then click on the Force Synchronization button.
- A dialog box will appear informing you that Force Sync was successful.
However, nothing will happen if you do not Sync everything on the app. After Force Synchronization, make sure to push the SYNC button on the app, as well.
- Log-in to your account using the JEFIT android app.
- Go to the “Settings” menu by clicking the menu icon on the upper left of the screen.
- Locate the sync button which is right below your username and click it to start synchronizing your logs.
- Log-in to your account using the JEFIT iOS app.
- Find the “Me” button located at the lower bottom right of the screen.
- On the upper right hand of the page, look for the cloud-like icon and click it. It should automatically synchronize your logs to the web server.